Ricardo Gil Soeiro
Ricardo Gil Soeiro (PhD, Univ. of Lisbon, 2009) is a postdoctoral research fellow at the Center for Comparative Studies, where he currently conducts the following research project: A Sabedoria da Incerteza: Imaginação Literária e Poética da Obrigação. Formerly a professor at the ISLA Campus Lisboa – Laureate International Universities, he has taught graduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Lisbon, ranging from contemporary Portuguese literature to the MA course ‘Memory and Literature in a Globalised Culture’. His publications include Gramática da Esperança (Vega, 2009), Iminência do Encontro (Roma, 2009), collections of poetry, and the edited volume The Wounds of Possibility (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012). His essays, articles, and reviews have appeared in numerous journals and collections, including Ellipsis, Ítaca, Impossibilia, and the Journal of Romance Studies. He is the recipient of several national literary and academic awards, including a PEN Prize, awarded in 2010.
Main areas of research
- Comparative Studies
- Contemporary Portuguese Poetry
- Memory studies
- A Sabedoria da Incerteza. Imaginação Literária e Poética da Obrigação, V.N. Famalicão, Húmus, 2015.
- Paul Celan: Da Ética do Silêncio à Poética do Encontro (com Maria João Cantinho, Carlos João Correia e Cristina Beckert).
- The Wounds of Possibility. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- (com Sofia Tavares). Rethinking the Humanities. Paths & Challenges, Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Iminência do Encontro. Lisboa: Roma Editora.
- Gramática da Esperança: Da Hermenêutica da Transcendência à Hermenêutica Radical. Lisboa: Nova Vega Editora.
- O Pensamento Tornado Dança. Lisboa: Roma Editora.
Some publications are available in the repository of the University of Lisbon.
Mutating-Selves, Becoming-Others: Posthumanist Literary Imagination / MORPHE