Marta Traquino (1972) is an artist and an FCT Postdoctoral Fellow in Contemporary Art at the University of Lisbon with the project “For a reflective practice of a ‘conversable art’ in the public domain”, being a member of the research centres CIEBA-FBAUL and CEC-FLUL. She holds a degree in Fine Arts – Painting (FBAUL, 1995), a Master in Communication, Culture and Information Technologies (ISCTE, 2007) and a PhD in Public Art (FBAUL, 2012). Since 1995, Marta Traquino has taught courses and workshops in the practical and theoretical fields of Contemporary Art. Her research is centred on artistic practices that approach space and place in urban contexts, focusing on critical thinking about ‘public art’ and ‘public space’, with emphasis on current reconfigurations of individual/collective experience, memory and identity. She creates installations and proposals for actions that work as ‘ephemeral architectures’, catalysts of the individual’s perception towards the ‘permanent architectures’ which are taken as places of intervention, considering pre-existent data and creating situations in ‘micro-contexts’ with metaphorical potential transferable to ‘macro-contexts’, from the personal to the collective dimension. She is the author of the book “A construção do Lugar pela Arte Contemporânea” (Humus Editions, 2010).
Main areas of research
- Contemporary Art;
- Public Space;
- Spaces of Representation;
- Conversable Art.
- “As sementes foram plantadas à mão”, in Cidades, Comunidades e Territórios, 34 (Jun/2017), Ed. DINÂMIA’CET-IUL, Lisboa, 2017, pp. 17 – 29. More info.
- “Entre / Between”, in GAM 13/Graz Architecture Magazine – Spatial Expeditions, Ed. TU Graz, 2016, pp. 186-195. More info.
- “A olhar para as paredes”, in “Convocarte” – Revista de Ciências da Arte – nº 1, tema Arte Pública, Org. Fernando Rosa Dias, Ed. CIEBA – FBAUL, Lisboa, Junho 2015, pp. 188-199. More info.
- “Diversity in a common space”, in Lo Squaderno No.30, Dec. 2013: Commons – Practices, boundaries and thresholds, Ed. professionaldreamers, Dez. 2013. More info.
- “Border Crossing – an artistic project by Paulo T. Silva and Marta Traquino”, in Remaking Borders Conference – Catania 2011, EastBordNet, COST Action IS0803 /2008-13. More info.
- Capítulo III: Outros Espaços: Propostas para a acção — “A medida do passo”, in Público/Privado. O deslizar de uma fronteira | act.26 Alteridades, Cruzamentos, Transferências, Org. Francesca Negro, Edições Húmus / CEC, V. N. Famalicão, 2014, pp. 151-173.
- “Ser na cidade – urbanidade e prática artística, percepções e acções”, Tese de Doutoramento, FBAUL 2012. More info.
- TRAQUINO, Marta, “A Construção do Lugar pela Arte Contemporânea”, Edições Húmus, Abril 2010.
Some publications are available in the repository of the University of Lisbon.