Gerd Hammer (PhD, Philipps-Universität Marburg / Germany, 1989) is a professor (and director) at the Department for German Studies (Faculty of Letters, Univ. of Lisbon). He is also a member of theCEC as part of the projectAesthetics of Memory and Emotions . His research interests lie mainly in the area of Contemporary German Literature, ICT, Comparative Studies, and Media History. Currently he is also a co-editor of REAL (Revista de Estudos Alemães, Journal for German Studies in Portugal).
Main areas of research
- Contemporary German Literature,
- Comparative Studies;
- Media History.
- Gerd Hammer (2015): Don’t look back – aesthetics of survival. In: Isabel Fernandes e.a. (ed), Creative Dialogues- Narrative and Medicine. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 164 – 170.
- Gerd Hammer (2014): Da Grande Guerra ao Pacifismo – O Caso de Ernst Toller. In: Cadernos de Literatura Comparada. Revista do Instituto de Literatura Comparada Margarida Losa. Nº 31 (2014). More info.
- “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Machines and Emotion.” in Estética das Emoções,Fernanda Gil Costa, e Igor Furão (org.). Ribeirão: Humus. 283-291.
- “Memory, Oblivion, and the Internet.” in Filologia, Memória e Esquecimento, Fernanda Mota Alves, Sofia Tavares, Ricardo G. Soeiro, Daniela di Pasquale (org.). Lisboa: Húmus. 399-413.
Some publications are available in the repository of the University of Lisbon.