Senior Lecturer (Professor Auxiliar)
Gabriel Magalhães (PhD, Univ. of Salamanca, 2000) is assistant professor of Portuguese and Hispanic Literatures at the Faculty of Arts and Letters in the Univ. of Beira Interior. He was visitant professor at the Univ. of Salamanca since 1996 till 2002. Professor Magalhães directed the research project RELIPES (Linguistic and Literary Relations between Portugal and Spain since the Beginning of the Nineteenth Century till Nowadays). He was awarded the Revelation Prize in Fiction by the Portuguese Association of Writers (APE) for is novel Não Tenhas Medo do Escuro.
Main Areas of Research:
- Iberian literatures
- Relations between Iberian cultures
- European literature
- Spirituality in contemporary societies
- Teaching literature and creative writing
- 2013. Espelho Meu: a Leitura Diária dos Evangelhos Pode Mudar a Vida. Lisboa: Paulinas.
- 2012. Los secretos de Portugal: peninsularidad e iberismo. Barcelona: RBA.
- 2011. Madrugada na Tua Alma. Lisboa: Alêtheia.
- 2010. Planície de Espelhos. Lisboa: Difel.
- 2009. Garrett e Rivas: o romantismo em Espanha e Portugal. Lisboa: Imprensa Nacional-Casa da Moeda.