P.I.: Claudia Fischer
This project is based on a partnership between researchers from the CEC and the CESEM (Centro de Estudos de Sociologia e Estética Musical) and aims to explore the multiplicity of musico-literary relations. Operating within the rising field of Intermediality Studies and connecting researchers from both realms of knowledge, our goal is to analyze phenomena that occur in objects where literary word and music are intentionally related, either by juxtaposition, by contamination or by dialogue.
- November 12, 2015 – December 10, 2015. Selective affinities. Music and Literature in German Romanticism. First annual interdisciplinary lectures on Literature-Music. FLUL, Goethe-Institut
- May 19, 2016 – Pedro Eiras (FLUP): The test of Time. Writing with/about music today. Faculty of Letters, University of Lisbon.
- June 2nd, 2016 – Susan Bernstein (Brown University) – Synaesthesia and the Gesamtkunstwerk. Faculty of Letters, University of Lisbon.
- November 16, 2016 – Claudia J. Fischer (CEC) – Music, words & silence in Schubert’s Settings of Goethe. Brown University. More info.
- April 30, 2017 – Claudia J. Fischer and Cristiana Vasconcelos Rodrigues (CEC) – Beyond the Senses. Music and Literature in German Romanticism. Dias da Música festival at the CCB. Fundação Centro Cultural de Belém / Belém Cultural Center and Foundation. More info.
- December 7, 2017 – Conference Word, Body and Music. Museu Nacional da Música de Lisboa.
Contos Musicais. Wackenroder, Kleist, Hoffmann, Lisbon, Antígona, 2016. More info.
Autors: W. H. Wackenroder, Heinrich von Kleist, E.T.A Hoffmann
Selection, translation, notes and preface: Claudia J. Fischer
Posface: Mário Vieira de Carvalho